Sunday, January 13, 2008
"Oedipus" or " Edipus"
Based on my experience of reading a play “Oedipus Rex”, I realise that it is not easy to understand the play as the language used is quite tough. At the very beginning, when I opened the book, I could not understand what I am reading. I became bored so I decided to turn to the middle page of the play. Eventhough obviously I could not understand a thing as I have not even begin reading from the start. Before lessons begin in class, a few of my friends discussed about the play. This made it easier for me as I now understand the outline of the play “Oedipus”. Another thing was that the pronunciation of the characters name was different than what I have been pronouncing all this while….only realizing this after discussing with friends only I know the correct pronunciation. For instance “Oedipus” is pronounced is “Edipus”. Before discussing the play in class, I have decided to go online to search for summaries to help me appreciate the play even better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment