Saturday, January 19, 2008

“…with both your eyes, are blind”




What a unique play ……Oedipus killing his father and marrying his mother. I have never heard of any story line that goes this way. After reading the short summaries and getting a rough idea of what the play is about, finally I managed to read the entire play at the same time understanding it also. By understanding the play better now, I excitedly went telling everyone (those who have never read or known about the play) about the story line. Many of my friends found it rather interesting eventhough they showed those odd facial expression when it came to the part Oedipus marrying his mother. Knowing quite in detail the play Oedipus Rex, it therefore had prepared me for the first tutorial class. ...What I think about the play...

1 comment:

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Like I said in my blog, Sophocles is amazing that he was able to come up with a story line like that. And he became the inspiration of many tragic plays, and incestous movies and stories. Even Sigmund Freud came up a theory based on such awesome play.